Who Moved My Holepunch?

WhoMovedHolepunch Twitter

Darren Fording works as a Senior Timetabling Officer for his local college. When Max Sheldon arrives to take over as Acting Registrar, Darren finds himself consumed by lust for his new boss and making the kind of decisions he as a stuck-in-his-ways administrator has never made before.

When Darren initiates a full-on kiss during a meeting with Max, the enthusiasm of the Registrar's response takes him by surprise. Max is reluctant to pursue a relationship with an employee, but Darren is equally determined not to take no for an answer. Can he prove his worth to the man he's beginning to love and show him he's a dab hand at educational politics as well?

Buy the Kindle ebook at Amazon

Buy the paperback at Amazon

Reviews:

"I found this book a breath of fresh air; it was funny, witty and very cute. I loved Darren; he was just perfect as the insecure (well, at the beginning) quirky administrator … His two assistants, the chatty, gossipy Miranda, and the quiet sensible Stewart were well written as well, and the aloof Max was simply adorable. … I can't recommend this book highly enough. If you want to laugh, giggle and smile as you turn every page then this book is perfect. My only regret is it isn't twice as long.” (From a 5-star Recommended review at Mrs Condit Reads Books) 

"I particularly liked the warmth and kindness that both men show throughout the story; this infuses the hot sex with individuality, which of course makes it even more effective. As I read this book I just found myself continually smiling and it left me feeling both amused and nicely content.” (From a 4.5 star review at Jessewave Reviews) 

"It was a fascinating read. I laughed. I gasped. And I felt the exquisite chemistry this author achieved between her characters. The world they were put into was not something I anticipated, but even college administrative jobs can be fascinating with a creative mind. A lovely novella not to be missed.” (From a 4-star review at MM Good Book Reviews) 

"The romance works well and the sex is hot, but there's also an obvious attraction and hints that this will be a satisfying relationship for the pair into the future which pleased the romantic in me … I would recommend this one to those readers who are looking for an amusing and enjoyable story.” (From a review at Brief Encounter Reviews) 

"This book is fun and funny, and Darren is wonderful. Max is right, Darren isn't like everyone else. These two must survive the hot mess that is the inspection through some creative thinking. A light funny read with great characters.” (From a review at Hearts On Fire Reviews)  

"If you're wondering how moving a holepunch can possibly lead to an exciting story, you're not the only one. When I saw this book for the first time, I thought the same thing. So, I picked up the book, so to speak, and read with great interest what wonderfully quirky characters Anne Brooke has come up with now. With that title the situation was promising from the very start. And, let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed … If you like stories with a touch of humor, if you enjoy reading about quirky, somewhat unusual characters, and if you're looking for a hot read that contains just a touch of kink and a lot of office sex, you will probably like this book.” (From a review at Rainbow Book Reviews) 


© Keith Olding 2011